11 Sep Bhakti Charu Swami Visits The Funeral Of Hari-Narayan Prabhu In Spain
One of my very dear disciples, Harinarayana Das, from Malaga, Spain, whom many of you know as one of the most wonderful devotees, left his body this afternoon. I am leaving for Spain tonight.
Those of you, who knew him, please write about your remembrances of him and post them in this Istagosthi.
Many of you are coming to Ujjain to attend Srila Prabhupada Memorial Festival and the Seminar, therefore, I do not want to disappoint you also. I will try my best to come back on 12th. Most probably I will be able to attend the evening session that day.
Bhakti Charu Swami
The services included in this list are those who are known. Hari Narayana, due to his charitable disposition, did many other services that will never be known as he lives his dedication as something between him and Krishna :
* 1978 Hari Naranaya Prabhu contributed to the publication of the first book in Spanish language printed in Spain: “Elevation To Krishna Consciousness”.
* 1979 Hari Naranaya gives a substantial contribution for the acquisition of Nueva Vrajamandala (Finca, Santa Clara) near Guadalajara, Spain. New Vraja Mandala is a properry of 300 hectares with different buildings.
* 1980 Assistance for the publication of the first Spanish language hardbound edition of Bhagavad-Gita As It Is.
* 1981 Contribution to the installation of Sri Gaura-Nitai in New Vraja Mandala.
* 1983 Hari Naranaya Prabhu finances as a main donor the installation of Sri Sri Radha Govinda Chandra in New Vrfaja Mandala. He helps to establish the gurukula school in La Nouvelle Mayapura, Fance.
* 1984 Hari Narayana Prabhu recruits more than one hundred life members in Spain.
* 1985 Hari Narayana Prabhu contributes to the printing expenses of “The Great Classics of India” series (Bhagavd Gita As It Is, Nectar of Devotion, Krishna Book and First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam)
* 1989 Hari Narayana Prabhu helps to save La Nouvelle Mayapur in France, from bank seizure. He is mentioned on the international minutes of the GBC of this year for his inestimalbe service.
* 1990 Hari Naranaya Prabhu gives economic support to a couple of French devotees to promote the distribution of Srila Prabhupada’s books on Muslim countries. Together with his uncle Chaurmal, donates the land where the ISKCON Malaga Temple is today established.
* 1991-1993 Hari Naranaya Prabhu helps to establish the Madrid and Barcelona temples.
* 1994 Hari Naranaya Prabhu contributes to charter a boat charged with food for prasadam distribution in the war of Chechenya, under the direction of Indradyumna Swami. He helps to complete the construction of the Sri Rupa Sanatam Smritir Temple in Jessore, Bangladesh. He contributes to the distribution of prasadam on the most impoverished regions of South-Africa. He helped to establish a temple in Tenerife, Canary Islands.
* 1995 Hari Naranaya Prabhu helps to finance the Television Series Abhaya Charan, produced by His Holiness Bhakti Charu Swami.
* 1996 On the year of Srila Prabhupada’s Centennial Hari Naranaya distributes 108 complete collections of Srimad-Bhagavatam, and 108 silver kalashes.
* 1997 Hari Naranaya Prabhu helps the Bhaktivedanta Archives in the United States to purchase new technical material to clean and preserve the recordings of Srila Prabhupada’s lectures. He finances the Spanish translation of Srila Prahbupada’s lectures.