Sankirtan Yajna Ki Jaya – Bookdistribution Stories Iskcon London

Sankirtan Yajna Ki Jaya – Bookdistribution Stories Iskcon London

Sankirtana Stories Told By Narahari Prabhu From England

(Click on the pictures to discover the Treasure House Of India’s Spiritual Wisdom as presented by ISKCON Founder Acharya Srila A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada)

In UK, England there is a town called Watford, it is primarily made of
muslim population. It comprises of a large mosque in the centre of town. Devotees do not like to go there because they do not receive a good reception. Recently, we have been going there and given out a lot of
Bhagavad-Gitas to the muslims.  There has been favourable feedbacks with question and debate about the book.

The muslims do not mind me there because I have grown a beard and blend in
with the populace. They approach me with curosity and ask, what I am doing there? After offering explanations the Bhagavad-Gita is given. This is only possible by Guru Maharaja’s and Lord Chaitany’s mercy. I exchange many phone numbers and given mines to stay in touch. We are in the process of starting a Bhagavad-Gita reading afternoon in Watford so Bhagavad-Gita can be read and understood together.

In another town, Uxbridge we have met a muslim who is very learned in his
scriptures. After conversing he took Bhagavad-Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam 1st canto, Veda and Science of self realiazation books.  He was scepital at first saying that even 98% of all Korans are not authentic, the other 2% still contain a few verses that are watered down.Therefore, although he had widely read other scriptures he was not favourable. We requested to take has phone number and offered ours.

Whilst on Srila Prabhupada’s marathon, the same town was visited and
therefore I rang him to meet me.  At precisely the time stated he turned up. After our conversation, his comments were; reading the Bhagavad-Gita was a breath of fresh air; that it was the most authentic scripture that he
had ever read. Whilst speaking it was noticed that he used that word Krishna in every sentence. All glories to Srila Prabhupada’s Bhagavad-Gita As It Is.

Lastly, in another town the police and security of the shopping mall is so
tight that even our Hari Nama party is sent away from the building. After doing sankirtana in the same area for some hours, due to the severe cold
my aged body was so cold that I had to enter the shopping mall and thor it
out. After doing so, I decided to stay warm and continue sankirtana; but this time in the mall. Immediately I was escorted out by two large security guards. Although I protested whilst my feet were dangling their answer was whilst putting me out that I was not supposed  to be there.

One of the security person went in and the other, a muslim; stayed out to
make sure I went well away from the building. I started to speak in hindi to make him understand. I said I loved Alah!, in my mind repeating I love; Parabrahman. In August Jaya Pataka Swami gave an evening talk at Bhaktivedanta Manor, he said that Alah is Parabrahman.

The muslim security person’s attention was caught by my statement and by me
looking as if one of them.  After a few minutes he mellowed out, I requested that he take a Bhagavad-Gita but he said it was too big and he was not allowed. I persisted and offered a smaller book ‘Chant And Be Happy’, insisting that he could very easily put it in his inside pocket.

When I returned a few days later, he was standing outside. I thought oh
Krishna, am I not going to even get a chance to do any sankirtana today in this town? I greeted him with may Alah be with you, to that he said ‘Hare Krishna’. The muslim security man also gave me his name, Shaz. After reading the book and visiting our website, Shaz had seen the Deities on line and had also visited our London temple website too!.By seeing the Deities on line and reading the book, Shaz’s curosity had been aroused to such an extent that he himself asked me for the Bhagavad-Gita and gave a generous donation. As I was leaving he said take my phone number ‘if you or your collegues ever get any problems you can call me and I will help you’.